And now let us welcome the New Year full of things that have never been - Rainer Marie Rilke
The New Year is- an opportunity to journey within, and write a new chapter in your life. It is time to stop if for just a few moments, start a journal and write down your reflections, hopes, as well as your dreams. Explore how you have honored them in your life so far and especially the part you want them to play in the coming year, Reflect on your yearnings, as well as your longings that get tucked away (until there is time). As you journal ask yourself some of the following questions.
- Who am I now?
- What do I like?
- What do I want my life to be like now? (You are not the person you were 10 years ago, so what worked then will not necessarily bring fulfillment now).
- What do I need to let go of?
- What do I want to include in my life?
- Am I worthy of a life of abundance?
- Do I believe I can create a life that has more meaning for me?
- (Time for reflection is necessary for a deeper knowing of self to occur. This in turn facilitates the energy and courage, necessary for the change we desire. )
Each New Year we make resolutions; to take more time for self, to stick to an exercise program, to be more patient etc., telling ourselves that this year will be different. Studies have shown however, that only 40% of our resolutions are successful after six months and we are left discouraged.
Wanting to change is not enough, relying on will power is not enough.
So what gets in our way?
Not knowing ourselves at a deep level is a major impediment to change. Without this knowing we are unaware of the emotional triggers that keep us stuck and repeating our negative experiences. Change takes time, it requires being realistic. It takes planning, and making decisions regarding a positive replacement for that which you want to extinguish.
As we go forward I will be offering information, tips, tools and boundless support to help you stay on your journey, make course corrections as is necessary. It is possible for you to have more abundance in every area of your life this coming year. . Accept slip ups, they are bound to happen, forgive yourself, and start again. Take baby steps.
May you have a Blessed New Year.